Thread: Cold
View Single Post
Old December 9th, 2013, 06:24 PM

Truck: 1960-1966 1000-4000 series
David R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culver Adams View Post
My grandparents had blankets and hot bricks to keep from freezing in their Model T. I still carry that hammer in cold weather.
Almost wish I had those when I was driving the truck.

Someone had put an aftermarket heater in it, but without the ducts, no defrost... and the first time I turned on the heater, the draw melted the switch. I think I had more smoke in the cab than heat.

Removed that piece of junk, and told myself that one day I would look into getting the proper setup for it. Yeah... one day...

Right now, my two favorite trucks are both sitting, one with a cracked block (threw a rod... note to self, when truck is stuck do NOT stand on the gas...high RPM means breakage), the other threw something out through the oil pan.
Had my '63 2500 running for a while, pulled the chev 350 that was in it and replaced it with a 351. Should never have done that. The guy I got the 351 from had invested a lot into the engine (he had receipts) and said it never did run right. I took it apart, almost everything looked new inside, so I cleaned it up and put it back together. It ran... but no power. I acquired a '63 305 that already has the Holley and electronic ignition on it and it ran well before it was removed from the truck (owner decided he needed "dependability" and put a new 350 in... the 305 will outlast that 350) so one of these days that 305 will find its way beneath the hood of my '63. Added bonus, it also has the plaid valve covers, although they are not in the best of shape... still, it is the correct engine for the truck so it will end up in the truck.

Someday I might try getting the '66 1000 running again, it "ran when I parked it" and I drained the engine (needed the radiator hose for a different truck) so it should be able to live again. *If* I really get excited about it.
mailto:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(2) 1961 1500
1962 1000
1963 2500
1963 4000
1964 2500