View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2014, 09:57 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1965 GMC 1000
aphaynes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1964 GMC 1000 Fleetside

Well, put it back together yesterday afternoon and believe it or not...it cranked right up!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

but...yes there is a but

it idled fine, but when you first press the accelerator it tries to stall. if you immediately let off and repress the accelerator, it revs up just fine. Now I also only did the basic pre-crank setup on the carb. I was cold and it was getting dark, so I left it at that. Plus the Oil filter carriage had oil running down one side of it from the top, so I guess I did not get something seated very well. So unless there is a red flag here to you experts, I assume I just need to re-seat the oil filter carriage (check o-ring/gasket as well) and finish the setup of the carb?

Regardless, it was good to listen to her run for a few minutes after having her opened up since I got her home.

Is there a spin-on adapter for these 305's? I have seen some for V8's just not the V6.