View Single Post
Old April 23rd, 2014, 02:49 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Quote:
Here is a pic of a bolt on flange selectro hub. If you look at the tip of the knife you will see a bolt on flange. On your hub at this point it goes into your wheel hub. It is splined. Right there is the outer snap ring on your hub. Basically at the tip of the knife. Barry
I'll have a minute today to take another look. Hopefully I'll get it right this time

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

When can you make it over here?

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Quote:
Too funny on the oil filter. Same thing happened to me. The one I got was the same oversized Fram filter you showed in your pics.

After some research it turns out there are 1 quart and 2 quart oil filters available.

We obviously needed the 1 quart. I could not find the Carquest number of the filter that was in mine, but found it's look alike with the Wix 51123. When it arrived, it was a match...except the oring that came with it did not fit the canister housing mine was in...which was leaking from not having one at all.

Since I already had a roll of gasket material I used to make a gasket for the distributor, which was also missing its gasket, I quickly made one for the oil filter housing. So far, no leaks.
Thanks Aphaynes! That's good info. I passed all the parts numbers on to Rock Auto to help them update their choices.

Quote:
Great work! every time i come back and read through every bodies builds it makes me even more bummed out that i don't have one of my own!!! Especially since the guy down the road has a 64/65 K1500 (Yep, 4wd!) that he's been parking in his front yard. I think he is taunting me! Thanks again for the info!

4WD is an amazing bonus. I got it because I could drive offroad if necessary (or for a little fun with the kiddos) but I found that sometimes the back tires just don't pull. They spin.
No problem, just shift into 4wd and RAAWRRRR! The torque is scary!
Cecilia will change the earth's rotation if I don't get off the gas pretty quick!

Have you talked to the guy to see if he'll sell?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.