View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2014, 02:40 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Quote:
Glad to see your victory over this stubborn hub! That chunk of rubber you pulled out earlier may have been the seal that was gone out of that seal you pulled in the "Pop" pic. I'm sure a rubber lip should have been in there. Numbers might be stamped in that metal ring too.

Thanks for the updates.

DAC
Thanks for reading Dac. I think you're right. I'll order a replacement ring this week and we'll see what a new one looks like

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Quote:
Good job. First its not a gasket its a seal. Next you need to remove the spindle from the knuckle. That's held on by the 6 bolts. Then we can walk you through the next step. Before you do the rest get a proper parts washer. It only needs to be an old canning kettle or metal wash pail and a parts cleaner brush and a gallon of diesel.

So there's no rubber ring that goes into it? I might need to bend it back into round. I buggered it up a little on the edges

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I got me a big purple tub to put my stuff in. I'm going to buy 5 gallons of diesel this week and try my hand at not setting myself on fire. The kiddos will be home full time in a couple of weeks too so I'll have more time to PLAY WITH CECILIA! This will be great because the Powder Puff has been itchin to help but she just doesn't have the time anymore.

I sure love this truck, and all the great things that come with it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.