View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2014, 01:02 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

The next thing I did was grease up that little brass bushing like I was paid to do it. It almost slipped right through the molecules of my hand.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Then I mashed it into place.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Next I did this. But I was being stupid.

I took it off and then I did this. It's easier to get the felt on if you work it over the two big bumps on the front of the socket then slip it over the side. Work it left to right or right to left, not up and down. You'll tear the felt.

Now do this again

Then I figured I'd be doing those tiny knuckle bearings and they're held in with the big metal surround piece that ties to the steering bar. I grabbed it and scrubbed on it (it had been soaking). Then I saw this on the top of it.

Someone has been driving her a little hard I guess? It's a pretty good nick in the metal there. That's a pic of the inside, not the outside

Nothing I could do about it and it didn't seem to interfere with the movement of the thing so I moved forward. Next I grabbed my knuckle bearings. Remember these are the tiny ones. They're both the same so it doesnt matter which one.

I finger-scooped about a half of an egg sized blop of peanut butter (Archoil Grease) into my hand and I flipped my bearing over so the bottom was facing me. Then I made a chip in the dip scooping motion, pressing against my hand so it would force grease in through the top lip and out through the bottom. Here's how it looked as it squeezed out the bottom. I was then able to wipe the dark old grease and diesel away.

Then I greased up the top bearing cup and mooshed it in.

At this point I figured I wanted to keep things clean so I put down a drop cloth of paper towel. I never dropped anything on it, but it did make a good work area from time to time when I had to lay things down.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.