View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2014, 01:25 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

I greased up the bottom bearing too and pushed it into place. The grease is strong enough to hold it there, but I had my dropcloth too.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Here I thought I should put my surrounding metal thing that ties to the steering rod back on. That way it would hold the bottom bearing in without question. I went through all the steps to put it back on then I realized I forgot the elephant thing.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

RE-DO!

I took it all apart and grabbed the elephant thing.

It came out covered in grease so I thought it should go back covered in grease. If Cecilia wants grease, she's gonna get it! I slathered it on thick and pasty up the entire length of the pipe to the joint.

I must have had too much grease on my hands to take a pic of the entire thing greased up because the next one I have is this. It's after I shoved the elephant thing back into it's socket. You have to turn it and wiggle it to get it to go all the way in. there's probably gears or something on the other end that need to mesh up.

Then I greased up the joint real good too.

Then I put the metal thing here on. It has the ear that connects to the steering rod. Here I am with a finger of grease greasing it up too. Take that!

Next I put the steel backing plates on the knuckle wiper (?) and the felt thing.
Here's what it looked like. It came in my kit from Quad4x4.com. The bottom of these flares outward so be sure to put the flare going away from the wheel or you'll scratch something.

Make sure to get the bolts (they come in the kit) put through the holes in the felt properly. Then give it a little 1/2 inch socket action with the impact wrench. BZZZT!

Then do the same with the bottom one.

The knuckle thing rubs on that rubber piece we put on for its entire life. I figured it needed some grease to work smoothly so I greased up the knuckle.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.