View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2014, 02:24 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Now I got the end of my hub ready to reinstall but I discoverd I had it together wrong. I had mashed the end of it onto the metal ring that the disconnecting mechanism rides on upside down. I got a screwdriver and dug it out. It sounds easier than it was. 20 minutes later I got it out.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

See those high points on the gear piece in that pic? Well those should be facing the other way. And it should have this on it. Like this

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I slipped it all back together and ran my allen wrench screws back in. It took a couple of times to get it right. I need to replace my allen screws. they're wallered out.

After that I just screwed it back on with my philips head screwdriver. Tada! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

I slipped the brake drum back on now. It slides over my hub with no problems.

I had trouble getting it over the brakes but with moving the brake shoes upwards just a little I finally got it on.

Now I moved on to the steering arm. This rubber cup fell off. I'm lucky it didn't blow away with all the storms we've had lately.

I filled it with grease

Then I smashed it back on the bolt of the steering arm. Putting the hub back together was so much easier with this arm disconnected.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.