View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2014, 02:45 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Now I put the bolt of the arm through the steering connection on the wheel. Then I put the castle nut back on. It's 3/4" if my alzheimers isn't kicking in. I did have trouble getting it back on. It wanted to cross thread but I finally got it with....wait for it....some grease applied

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

It doesn't need to be super tight, just snug until you can get a cotter pin through the hole in the bolt and through the nut castle parts. If it's too tight it won't move smoothly (as me how I figured that one out lol).

After shoving the pin through the hole I bent it around like the previous one to keep it stuck in there.

After that I put the wheel on. Lug nuts and all. Really bouncing around with excitement at this point.

And finally I got to lower the jack. I actually RAN to get the handle

And that was it! I was DONE SON!

And I ended up with extra grease too. Just a little.

I finger scooped it out of the destroyed tube...and put it into my other tube! Scottish, remember? Arrrr!! That's a penny saved, my friend!

I saved my old bolts too just in case I ever need them. Labeled like a good mechanic.

And put in a larger bag of extra parts, also labeled.

And that's the end of this saga! Thanks as always to BarryGMC for the hand-holding when I needed it and the kick in the pants when I didn't. And thanks to Jonathon for the parts numbers and extra tips. If not for the two of you I'd have never made it through this. What a heck of a deal, right?

Thanks to everyone else that read my mess here or contributed, or sent me a PM (you guys really should just post so everyone can see the tips. They're good!) or was involved in any way.

And thanks to Quad4x4.com for simultaneously supplying the parts I needed and making my butt pucker up for having to spend over $200 to get them. You guys are great at helping but you should really re-think those $13.00 grease seals

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll leave you guys with a joke.

Guy 1: I was going to work today and I saw a Scotsman scraping off his wallpaper.
Guy 2: Oh, was he re-decorating?
Guy 1: No, he was MOVING! Har har har!

(because scots are so cheap, get it? He wasn't paying for new wallpaper, no way!)

Anyway, have a great weekend everyone. I'll do the other side this week if I can get enough time but I won't drag you guys through it again. After this I think I'll do the front and rear end. New oil, new gaskets, etc. And I still need to get that transfer case done. The wheels are a-turnin! (And I like them like that!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.