View Single Post
Old June 20th, 2014, 01:30 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 60 1001 Wideside Custom BBW, 62 K1001 Wideside BBW and 1966 1001 Wideside BBW w/ Sport Trim option
GMCNUT will become famous soon enoughGMCNUT will become famous soon enough
Default Re: oil leak on 305E exhaust manifold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sclor View Post
GMCNut:
Question would be why the No. 1 cylinder is throwing that much oil out of the exhaust? What other symptoms are you having? Is exhaust pipe putting out a blue smoke screen? What does the spark plug from that cylinder look like? Have you tried a compression test on that cylinder? Have you checked the valve lash on that cylinder? Hopefully those questions help. What you see is out of the ordinary. I think you need to do some more fact finding to decide what is causing it.

Regards,
Steve
New Orleans
Thank you Sclor - oddly I never see any Blue smoke to indicate the oil is being burned....I have a mechanic who knows these engines, and I will have to get him to check these ideas you have I guess. The truck runs like a top so no complaints and its the most dependable truck I have ever owned - if there was ever a perfect running engine this 305 E seems to be it, but it might be about to come apart and I just don't know it too

1960 1001 Custom Cab short wideside BBW, 305A V6, factory PB, Hood Jet, Radio and Hydramatic.

1962 K1000 4x4 short wideside, BBW, 305D w/ SM420, PTO Winch

1966 1001 Custom Cab short wideside, w/ super rare Sport Trim option interior (bucket seats)