View Single Post
Old June 21st, 2014, 01:59 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

I posted this in the engines section too, but I like to keep anything I do in my build so this is a repost.

After Cecilia started knocking with the last oil change I did decide to go ahead and get some Archoil friction modifier. It came in this week. It's FORTY freakin dollars for 16 oz, shipped.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

It had a sales sheet with it too. One of the more interesting things it said was that the Boron used makes for a good, hard surface for preventing wear that's similar to diamonds in hardness.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

An added bonus is that you don't use a whole 16 oz per oil change. You only use 1.12 oz per quart, meaning this is a little over two oil changes worth.

I'll be putting it in this weekend to see if it changes the knock.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.