View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2014, 12:34 AM

Truck: I don't own one at this time
RustyNut is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mini-Meets/Get-Togethers

Sorry took so long to post.

Sorry I have no pics to share, I found out the morning I left St Louis my camera was kaput. Son used it last on his worldwind tour of the east coast a couple of months ago.

In my opinion, things went well.....

Great setting: The gazebo was a definate plus!!!!! Beat the **** out of standing on an asphalt parking lot all day with NO shade (Did that the day before at the Car Show in St Charles). Oh by the way my '78 GMC took 1st place in the truck division!!!!

Weather: No rain!!!!! Sunny & warm but the gazebo and the breeze made things very tolerable.

Good Food: Maybe bratwurst and salsizza's are just a Midwest thing. Either folks liked them or was just being polite when they said they liked them. The sausages, slaw, veggie tray, chips, brownies & watermelon (sorry if I forgot anything) made for a perfect Sunday afternoon picnic/lunch. Not overwhelming but noone went hungry. Minimal leftovers were taken by attendees so nothing went to waste.

Trucks: It was great to see a true survivor like Bob (now Ed's 'burb). And Dave's (?) truck and camper was very cool. I am sure they both get looks & thumb's up when they drive these trucks down the highway.

I am sorry, but I am terrible @ names but I want to thank everyone that made the effort to attend this meet. And thanks to all that brought food for the meal. Special shout out to Ed's brother for renting the gazebo and going back home to get a grill. Wasn't sure how I was gonna grill the meat when I showed up and there was no grill......

It was nice to see Ed again, and a pleasure to meet his dad and brothers. It was also great to meet new folks. Like I have stated numerous time everyone truly seemed to be "Good People".

EVERYONE here should make an attempt to organize one of these "Mini-Meets". You never know who might show up. This one in south Kansas brought folks from California, Oregon, Kansas & Missouri.