View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2014, 03:50 AM

Truck: 1966 GMC
Pops is on a distinguished road
Question arm rest installation

I removed the driver's door panel to look at why my window regulator was not operating smoothly. While in the process of looking at the interior of the door, I noticed that I had two nuts that were somehow clipped into the regulator side of the door panel. They were positioned in the fold (about an inch below regulator opening) in a location that would be just about right for an armrest. Am I looking at armrests nuts? Am I blessed enough that all I need to do is pick up an arm rest and screw it in? The reason I ask is that it almost doesn't seem like those two nuts would be engineered to support lots of door closures. If I'm correct that I have located the original nuts, I still have to drill out the detachable panel. Any cautions, suggestions, or pictures of other steps would be appreciated. Thanks.

On the passenger side, I do not have the clipped nuts installed but I don't see why they couldn't be added. Again, your wisdom and experience would be appreciated.

Note: I lubed the coil portion of the window regulator with lithium and it greatly smoothed out the lumpy feel while rolling the window up and down. Of course every thing that moved was lubed, but the problem was the coil.

Last edited by Pops; July 16th, 2014 at 03:54 AM. Reason: extra word removed, coulple of words added