View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2014, 12:55 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

I'm going to stop right here and say this

This is a failure move, spraypainting your wheels. Dont do it unless you have NO other option. They chip, they peel, they don't stay painted. Bugs land on them while they're wet. If I had to do it over again I'd pay the money and get them powder coated like I should have done to begin with. I will probably do that when it's time for REAL tires with the piecrust edges at some point in the future.

On the upside I now feel comfy pulling the tires off and putting them on. It's hard work pulling them off on old wheels but if the tire is newer and pliable it's pretty easy. Either case it's well worth saving the $20 bucks if you have time and can handle the work.

(Jafar from Aladdin)

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Back to work I laid out my wheels on my old fence/stand/tarp holder boards in a sort of rotation for painting. By the time I finished the row it had been about 15-20 minutes, time to paint another coat on the first one.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Some of you that read my stuff might remember the painting stump.

I sprayed them all with three coats of white.

Oooo, pretty!

Then two coats of clear for protection. It didn't make a difference in the end.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.