View Single Post
Old November 13th, 2014, 12:36 AM

Truck: 1968 KM2500
bigblockv6 will become famous soon enoughbigblockv6 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Rare 62 Factory Built Crew Cab?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron david View Post
I would really like to know what is more chev than gmc in a Canadian GMC except Canadian production didn't use the V6 eng but used a small block chev eng instead. in the 63-66 production if there was a V6 installed in a US production truck it had to have an adaptor to hook it up to an a/trans. in Canadian production there were no adaptors required to hook up and eng to an a/trans because everything fit. wonder who is cloning who
what you guys seem to say is that the US is the world leader in everything.
ron
I find it odd that GMC V6's with a manual transmission need a bell housing adapter! My 68 KM2500 has a bell housing ( part number 643191) bolts directly to the engine block and the illustration in my GMC parts book confirms it. In fact all my parts books for larger series show the same illustration including the larger bell housing part number 696559 or 696561. Over the years I've bought several GMC V6's ranging up to the 478 with bell housing and one that came with an adapter housing because it had an Allison automatic behind it.