Thread: More GMC Photos
View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2014, 06:18 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962, 1967
Ed Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura aboutEd Snyder has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: More GMC Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCDAC View Post
Ed, were you trying to open a thread for folks that have pics of any year GMC from their past? If so you probably put it in the right place. That's how I took your original post:-)=

DAC
That was my intention, Doug. I was hoping to see photos of more GMCs here, not necessarily 60-66 models.

For example, here's a photo of me and my Dad standing in front of the 1968 GMC Suburban I bought right after graduating from college in 1970. (Doesn't everybody want to buy a GMC Suburban right after they graduate?) It had 4WD, 307 V8, 4 speed, custom trim, and no other options that I recall, not even power steering. I learned really quick to keep my thumbs on the outside of the rim while 4 wheeling on rocky trails in southeast Missouri. I bought it for $2500 in St. Charles, Missouri (Rusty Nut's hometown). It was in great shape.

My first choice was a V6 powered 60-66 4WD Suburban, but I didn't realize at the time how rare they were. I learned much later that production in that era was only an estimated 100 to 200 per year. Four wheel drive GM trucks started to become way more popular in the late 60s.

My first job out of college, by the way, was in the engineering department at the Anheuser-Busch brewery in downtown St. Louis.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1968 GMC Suburban.JPG (176.2 KB, Multiple views, 11 clicks)
1962 K1000 Suburban 401M & SM420
1967 CM1500 pickup 351E & NP435