View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2015, 05:46 PM

Truck: 1964 1500
jrmunn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Off topic stuff...Obamacare

Fetch,

I guess we can keep this up as long as the moderator lets us.

One of the reasons I enjoy working on old vehicles is that it helps get me away from government foolishness, which I know well from employment with the State of California for 25 years.

My daughters who are trying to make ends meet in the private sector have had similar health insurance coverage experiences to what you describe.

I have been more fortunate because public health insurance coverage was not (yet) affected by Obamacare, and I am now required to be in Medicare.

In California, what is going on looks like a shell game where payments for many indigent (meaning services for those unable or not needing to pay) medical services are now extracted before, to provide insurance subsidies, rather than after, in the form of inflated bills. The inflated bills, however, don't seem to have gone away. So it seems that money is being transferred from those paying for insurance and from taxpayers to the health care insurance and services systems. And I recall hearing that Obamacare is not really supposed to work in the long run so that we can, for better or worse and perhaps both, move on to Canadian style socialized medicine.

But this all makes my head hurt, and the cure for it is to go back to figuring out where to get brake line parts to reconnect the hydrovac on my old GMC truck.

JRMunn