View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2015, 04:19 AM

Truck: 1962 1500 Wideside 4 speed (305D / SM-420)
Clarke is on a distinguished road
Default Tach/Tach Transmitter/Bat-O-Meter Purchase

Alright Gents,

I made it to the swap meet and the guy I've been trying to coordinate with for three years, finally came through for me. I am now a proud owner of Tach Model RC-5A, Tach Transmitter Model EB-7A and Bat-O-Meter Model RC-12V.

Problem is, I don't have any instructions on how to wire this stuff up... On top of that, the guy told me the tach transmitter requires an internal battery... He said you cannot get the Sun battery anymore, but he believes Duracell has a battery that is fairly close, but it may cause the tach to be a little off? He also said he believes there is a place that can modify the tach transmitter so it doesn't require a battery?

I opened up the tach transmitter and there is a sticker where the battery installs, noted MALLORY RM12R & SUN 1766-7.

Does anyone have information on the internal battery or mod to eliminate the internal battery, and wiring diagrams for hooking up the tach/tach transmitter/bat-o-meter? I'm much better at following instructions, than winging it.

Also, what color wire from the headlight switch do I use to splice in the gauge lights? I'm assuming I can ground the gauge lights to the fire wall?

I'm going to buy a 3-3/8" dia hole saw to cut the gauge blanks out of the instrument panel, cutting from the back side.

Thanks in advance,

Clarke
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P82A1946.JPG (585.9 KB, Multiple views, 13 clicks)