View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2015, 08:00 PM

Truck: I don't own one - YET!
fingle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Known, good part numbers for clutch rebuild kits for the 1500 series...

Thank you, Jeannie, but those kits all seem to specify 12" disc plates, and only change to 11" if I select a different model of truck and engine than the one I actually own.

The correct clutch disc for my truck is nearly flat on the flywheel side, and I keep finding the kits that have the giant procecting springs on the flywheel side. It's very frustrating.

I am still hoping that there is someone out there with an actual part number for the right kit, rather than links to eBay and Amazon.

I have my old parts out of the truck again, so I'm going to haul both pieces down to my favorite shop and fling it on their counter and beg for help.

Although that didn't work yesterday, after my second favorite shop assured me that I would be getting the right part. OY!

Thanks for the help, though. I guess I can rent a car for a week and order something online on the off chance that it's right, if it comes to that, but that is an expensive fix!

- Patrick