View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2015, 12:12 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 60 1001 Wideside Custom BBW, 62 K1001 Wideside BBW and 1966 1001 Wideside BBW w/ Sport Trim option
GMCNUT will become famous soon enoughGMCNUT will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Newbie, intro and question

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatryan View Post
Hey Ed, thank you!

eBay for vehicles, man that has always worried me ha. I have seen a few but the thought of buying blind I guess freaked me out a bit. Something people do though eh?
Ryan I have bought several trucks off Ebay and have formed the opinion that if you stick to buying un-restored trucks it seems you really can't go wrong because it is what it is and you can always ask for more pictures etc so less likely you will be surprised by something not shown vs buying the nicer fixed up ones which are usually in the hands of the shysters who fixed them up just nice enough to sell. Craigslist is best over Ebay in my opinion - that is where I have found most of mine lately. Just bought a 1 owner 1959 Chevy short fleetside from San Diego CA for 2500 bucks off Craigslist ad, so un-believeable deals can be found there. I will watch for the 66 you want - I have been watching for a 66 short bed w/ factory auto and 351 for myself, so I may dig up what you need because I have seen them before....

1960 1001 Custom Cab short wideside BBW, 305A V6, factory PB, Hood Jet, Radio and Hydramatic.

1962 K1000 4x4 short wideside, BBW, 305D w/ SM420, PTO Winch

1966 1001 Custom Cab short wideside, w/ super rare Sport Trim option interior (bucket seats)