View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2015, 04:00 PM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1968
Otto68 is on a distinguished road
Default DISTRIBUTOR Help/Info

Hi everyone. I am new here and I need some help and i have some info for people that want to go HEI or Magneto Ignitions. I have a 68 C15 GMC long bed with a 305v6. I am going to fuel inject the truck with a TBI and I want to get a distributor made. I have a place to get it made In Schwenksville,PA. MY friends have used him for Ignitions systems in the past. Here is his web site if anyone is interested http://www.masonracingignitions.com. My main set back is I need a core to give him so he can build the distributor for me. I really don't want to pull the one I have in the truck and I want to leave the core with him so if anyone else calls him wanting a 305v6 distributor its on his shelf. I found one on Ebay for 50$ but it is for a 305 in a 2500 (Post is 65 66 67 68 69 GMC 2500 PICKUP DISTRIBUTOR 6-305 MT W/O AIR CAST 1110317). Reading the post here everything is interchangeable within the engines and the distributor does spin clockwise. I just want to make shore. I don't want to spend around 200$ and end up with a paper weight. In a way I also don't want to use that this distributor cause someone might need it. if I get it it will just sit on a shelf and collect dust. I was hopping that someone on here might have on they could sell me that is missing parts or is damaged. All I really need is the base and the drive gear. Any help would be great full.

Now a little bit about Mason Racing.
http://www.masonracingignitions.com.
He can build you anything you want. Small or large cap vacuum or electronic advance ignitions. If you want a mag he can do that too. It will be a complete new distributor. He will only use the core I send for measurements. The vacuum advances he can do with no problems. I want an electronic so I need to go to a junk yard and pull a s10 distributor from a TBI truck because he doesn't have any cores.