View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2015, 11:05 PM

Truck: 1947 Flxible Clipper Bus 29 passenger 401 M
tommr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: In need of 401 v6 water pump

dan as per my prior post you have to go to google and type in WP 59-8146. also try it without the WP as that letter code may not be used by all the vendors. carkart.com has them too. im seeing 8-10 of these and that is just on a search of this #. there are multiple part #s for this pump so I would exhaust this # first. im sure some of these guys will have actual stock on this. I would not tell them you don't have a pump for core. just pay the core charge up front. the Cardone pump is a piece of crap. my first pump lasted 3 weeks and 3,000 miles. dumped all the coolant out of the weep hole on the PA TPK on a 100 degree day. don't know what your plans are for the bus but it would be a good idea to buy a second pump, disassemble it and get the #s off the bearings and seals. then you can build a good pump using USA bearings and seals. huge difference in USA and off shore tolerances and probably the actual material too. same goes with hub and wheel bearings. very significant differences in the fit btwn USA and off shore. tom