View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2016, 04:36 AM

Truck: 1963 4000 Series
Winston is on a distinguished road
Default Re: THANK YOU... And Need help identifying this truck

All,
I want to thank everyone here for helping me get this far along. Some updates:
1) I put brake fluid in the master cylinder, and pumped it full for about 15 minutes. Fluid turned rusty, then brakes started to get a better feel. And as mentioned, the clutch worked as well. I took a picture of the master cylinder, the line on the left goes to the clutch. Never heard that one before. So, there must be a leak somewhere, will have to trace that one down.

2) Scraped the motor block as suggested, found the stamp. 305E. Was hoping fora bigger motor for a 4000 series, but I guess you get what you get when you inherit .

3) Moved the truck a bit, reverse still sounds TERRIBLE when shifting, may need some work on that.

4) The high/low on the transmission shifter is in a picture as well.

5) The oil hasn't been changed in probably a decade, according to my uncle. The truck was only used for a couple weeks a year, to pull the crop out of the field, and taken to the elevator. Only thing Uncle did was put brake fluid in it... Can't wait to change that oil.

6) I have gas leaking from the carb after a couple of minutes of running. from the point in the picture.

7) Not sure what the other brake line is for, I will have to trace that down as well.

No lift that I can see on the truck.
The VIN # is
V4008 P G8023E

Thank you again everyone for the help. If anyone has any ideas on how the clutch works with the brake master cylinder, or any information on what I have provided, that would be great. You all have been very generous in your information.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160416_200053.jpg (4.04 MB, Multiple views, 15 clicks)
File Type: jpg 20160416_200107.jpg (4.56 MB, Multiple views, 14 clicks)
File Type: jpg 20160416_200129.jpg (5.11 MB, Multiple views, 19 clicks)
File Type: jpg 20160416_200147.jpg (5.63 MB, Multiple views, 13 clicks)