View Single Post
Old April 23rd, 2021, 12:12 PM

Truck: 1960-1966 1000-4000 series
David R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 1966 GMC L4000 Tilt-cab brake parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell View Post
Hi guys,

I'm hoping to get some help finding brake parts for my gmc L4000 tilt cab. I'm in search of a master cylinder and wheel cylinders. Attached is a few pictures of the SPID and master cylinder. I've got a Chevrolet parts book but I'm not having any luck finding the master cylinder.

This master cylinder seems unique in that the bore for the clutch is smaller than the bore for the brakes.

Thank you for the help.
There is the first problem, you have a Chevrolet parts book for a GMC.
Most autoparts stores, and their computer parts books, may think these trucks are the same, but the reality is that they are often not the same parts.
The master cylinder in the pictures looks like a standard GMC master cylinder.

Wheel cylinders would be the same situation (I have replaced mine in one truck and found this out). The Chevrolet part numbers might work for one, but not for both sides. The best bet is to get the numbers off the parts and find a cross reference for them.
What I ran into was that Chevrolet used the same wheel cylinder both sides on the rear, while GMC had a right and a left cylinder.

Brake lines/clutch lines would be a "bend it yourself" situation. I don't know of any outfit that makes reproduction lines.
mailto:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(2) 1961 1500
1962 1000
1963 2500
1963 4000
1964 2500