View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2018, 04:25 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: New 305v6 fan in TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdieTN View Post
Thanks FetchmeaPepsi! I actually ended up re-using the gasket that was sandwiched in between 2 metal gaskets. It looked to be in good shape. Not sure how it works...haven't started it yet. I want to swap the gas out with some non-ethanol with marvels mystery oil 1st. I told Rudy (my son) to be prepared to take the carb back off agajn after we crank her up. Here's some pics of Rudy's 1st carb job - GO TIGERS!
Main setbacks: we forgot the needle keeper. Realized after we were completely done. We lost the BB about 6 times 😂 A pretty fun job...We did not get frustrated 1 time! But we do need to pick up the pace to a little. I think we'll get on a role here quickly.
As you can see I have a cheap adapter and paper air filter. Anybody got an old oil bath filter? I'll post in the trader section also.
I promise I will get this moved to a build thread. I cannot access the site from my laptop via Wi-Fi for some reason. I have to use my phone. I'll get It figured out.

Looks like you guys jumped right in! It's a lot more fun with a helper, ain't it?
Root Beers for all!

Those old oil bath filters are pretty easy to find. I bet if you hit up RustBucket he probably has a dozen laying around. Nobody wants them anymore, but they're my favorite. Talk about cheap upkeep!

Abus has two of em here https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=48752 but they're a different style.

Here's one from Lizziemeister https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=48653 but it's for a 351. Might fit, you'd have to ask BigBlockv6 on that though. I don't have that kinda experience.

Have fun! You're training future owners there, buddy!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.