View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2019, 01:27 PM

Truck: GMC 1500 1965
GMCTom will become famous soon enoughGMCTom will become famous soon enough
Default 1965 GMC in the alps. Greetings from Austria.

Hi,

my name is Tom and I bought a 1965 GMC V6 3/4 ton

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

At first, I was not sure if I should buy it because an American truck / car needs a V8. But the more I learn the history, the more I enjoy my decision for this engine.

Currently I'm doing a frame off restoration. Here are some pics

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I started with the back of the truck. Everything was extremley dirty but in good condition.

We removed the whole axle with the leaf springs. Cleaning an painting was a lot of work but I think it was worth it

I also removed the back hangers because the rivets were damaged

Every part was blastet, primed with zinc and painted black

Ordered some new rims. Luckily, they fit

Added some new brake lines in stainless steele

I try to get the original parts. The front bumper and the parts for the headlights were new chrome plated.

At the moment i removed all parts out of the cab including the doors and the glas. The front is lowered 3 inches with new springs.

Next step is to remove the cab and the engine to finish the whole frame and the control arms in front and the brakes.

I will try to keep you up to date in this Thread.

Last edited by GMCTom; July 16th, 2019 at 07:36 AM.