View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2023, 02:59 AM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice
Default Re: 11 pin round wiring on back of gauge cluster 64 GMC 4000

If you just replaced gauges with original aftermarket or donor gauges there is no wiring to do, so what are you saying. The round connector plugs on only one way on the back of cluster and if that pigtail is still wired into the harness.....it will work.
Need more explanation as to why you need a diagram. Did you cut all the wires that lead out of the round connector? Even if you did just splice color to color???
I have a diagram, not sure if I can display here.

Lizzy says "new harness" what new harness is he speaking of????????

So assuming you replaced the whole cluster with a cluster which does not have a round connector:
A-BLK......ground to dash screw
B-Dark BLU.....right turn output from turn signal switch. attach to indicator light
C-Light BLU.....left turn output from turn signal switch. attach to indicator light
I believe B goes to one side of bulb and C to the other. Then bulb is grounded by it's base/socket.
D-BRN...fuel sender
E-Pink....hot for oil/gen/temp/fuel gauges/lamps
F-Dark BLU.....oil sender
G-Brn.......Gen Light
H-Dark GRN.....Temp Sender
J-GREY?....Cluster lamps
K-Lt GRN.....Hi beam indicator lamp

This is my take on the diagram. You decide for yourself not from my interpretation in case I messed up. Let me know if you need further.

BE SURE YOU KNOW WHICH SIDE OF GAUGES OR INDICATORS IS FOR SENDER WIRE AND WHICH IS FOR HOT. BE SURE WHICH SIDE OF CLUSTER BULBS OR HI BEAM BULB IS HOT AND WHICH IS GROUND.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1964GMC Diagram.jpg (865.2 KB, Multiple views, 25 clicks)

Last edited by AZKen; January 25th, 2023 at 05:34 AM.