View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2023, 07:55 AM

Truck: GMC 1500 1965
GMCTom will become famous soon enoughGMCTom will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Turn signal flasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZKen View Post
I checked the wiring. It is as you described. Light blue (blue/white) is the left T/S. Dark blue is the right T/S. The violet wire connects left and right T/S socket. Black wire on each socket will ground to hood or socket housing.

What Violet wire? I said NOTHING about a VIO wire when describing front turn signal socket wiring, You are confusing yourself and confusing me.

And yes, one light blue (blue/white) and one dark blue wire routes from firewall connector to the dash connector.
I don't care what connectors the wires go thru. I only care about you being sure a wire is connected as I describe, point to point.. JUST LIKE THE DIAGRAM.

There is no way I can get any info or confirm anything by looking at the back of your fuse panel. It does not matter what colors you used to build it as long as it is wired functionally like the diagram. I tried to explain where each turn signal switch color goes functionally and used the colors you said you have coming from the switch. Wire the lights as I describe. I don't know all the colors you used for which.
Violet wire is connecting the two T/S sockets like in the original diagram but I don't know if I need it.

The whole truck was wired according to the original wiring diagram in the correct colors. Only the L of the flasher connects to the brown terminal and not to violet.