View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2023, 08:24 AM

Truck: GMC 1500 1965
GMCTom will become famous soon enoughGMCTom will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Turn signal flasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZKen View Post
There are two violets. They are not associated with each other. The one I've been speaking of is from the turn signal switch.
Brown comes from Ignition ACC. It is a switched hot. It goes to fuse panel and "jumps" to flasher X".
Violet comes from T/C switch to fuse panel Flasher "L".

In my case the violet wire runs from T/C switch to fuse panel >> Flasher "X"
In my case the brown wire runs from the ignition switch to fuse panel >> Flasher "L".

The other Violet you are speaking of is the wire that is mentioned in my post: RFead thsi caerefuklly again and let me know if yuo don't understand the front socket wiring.

For the front turn signals. You have a dual filament bulb. That is OK but you will only use the large filament. I see three wires on each socket. This means only one socket wire will be wired to turn signal for each side. One wire not used and the ground will be attached to good ground place near light. Assuming the black wire is for ground. Socket may ground itself to hood when installed.
The left front T/S lamp large filament wire will be wired to Light blue switch wire. Right front T/S lamp large filament wire will be wired to dark blue switch wire. (Each of those will have a companion wire to the dash turn indicator bulb. Either two wires from one terminal or spliced. See diagram.)
I was trying to explain the not all of the socket wires on front sockets will be used. Wire sockets as I describe.

Think I understand. Let me read it a few more times
Answered your questions in blue color

Last edited by GMCTom; February 22nd, 2023 at 08:29 AM.