View Single Post
Old December 24th, 2015, 10:27 PM

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 LWB Wideside 305E V6.
TJ's GMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SO who came up with the GMC V6's???

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblockv6 View Post
Talking about who at GM designed the V6, well about 14 years ago a GM engineer that was involved with the development of these engines stumbled into Jolly's site and was quite surprised that there were people that were interested in these engines. His last name was "Cleary" and that's what he went by. He had mentioned early prototypes let loose and scattered easily, more balancing was required. Also the reason for the spark plugs inside the "V" was because during testing one of the engineers went to change the spark plugs and ended up burning his hand on the manifold so spark plugs were relocated inside the "V". Cleary stepped away from that in 1960 or so, he mentioned at that time they were working on Diesel versions. I did save the emails in my old computer, if I get it hooked up I may be able to retrieve it to share with everyone. I also contacted Cleary once myself.
If you could find those that would be cool! By the way I read the article...Lot of neat info right there. On another note I've been driving my gmc around in the snow today. lol Even did a burnout! haha Headlights, windshield wipers, and heater all on and no problems. PO took the original heater cables and control panel out cause they were seized up so I settled for a select switch from Napa and manually set the vents so I get hot air. No fogged up windows now(hopefully). lol Need to drive it some more and see how well the defrost works, but it only took a couple seconds for that cab to get warm.

1964 Chevy C20 292/SM420
1966 Chevy C10 292 hotrod 6/TKO600

My youtube channel aka Military Chevy:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.