View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2017, 05:59 AM

Truck: 1968 KM2500
bigblockv6 will become famous soon enoughbigblockv6 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Radiator overflow tank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCNUT View Post
Ken / Jon - the GMC factory installed radiator overflow tanks on AC trucks have a special bracket made to fit a very specific spot on the right inner fender behind the battery - in 100% of the cases I have observed including all THREE tanks I pulled and saved here, they were mounted in exactly the same spot. I know you guys don't like to believe the books are ever wrong but they are sometimes wrong I hate to tell you. Jon's 1964 Chevrolet Data book does not show a 327 V8 option for 64 1 ton C30 trucks, but somehow magically he now has one with that very motor and with assembly line installed AC no less - something else hundreds of book believers didn't think could happen. Jon's C30 has all the ppwk showing the 327 and shows assembly-line AC both being ordered for it - so look guys - we can beat a dead horse a thousand times over trivial stuff, but I am telling you from EXPERIENCE - these 65-66 GMC AC trucks have Radiator overflow tanks on them that have been there from day 1 regardless of what the books all say or what the books omitted. The only book any of you can count on is the Bible - other than that, they are often as flawed as those who wrote them.