Thread: Value Question
View Single Post
Old February 7th, 2018, 11:04 PM

Truck: 1965
RichG is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Value Question

I agree with both of you regarding the factors. In my case I need another project like I need...

Alabama does not issue titles for vehicles over 35 years old. It's a pain but it is what it is. Since I live in Alabama it's not an issue. Likewise, transportation is not an issue.

Yes the BBV6 305 is the engine. At this point I'm guessing it is a 3 speed - given the tree shifter.

From the pics, one of the front seats has been reupholstered.

I think this was used as an ambulance or some other kind of support vehicle - given the radio and the roof mounted lights.

The guy is asking $5500. He's about an hour from me, so I offered him the $2000 assuming it matches what he described. I wasn't going to spend my time looking at something if the seller is on the high side and not willing to get the price into the value range. He said no way on coming down, so that's where this sits. From what I know, he purchased a scrap yard or a yard of scrap cars and this is one of them.

My thinking was if I could buy it for $2000 then I would. $2500 would be my absolute tops. I would make sure it ran properly and then I would probably want to turn around and sell it. Back to my point about having too many project vehicles. Although it would look nice parked next to my 65 4x4 fleet side.

Rich