View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2017, 02:53 PM

Truck: Former owner Repowered by GMC 305 V-6, 1963 Chevy 30 Series SM420 Long Bed (9') Step/Fenderside
George Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enoughGeorge Bongert will become famous soon enough
Default Re: V6 GMC Balancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERSTROKE View Post
One forum I frequent has an abundance of stupid questions, and unfortunately, many many stupid answers, and in the last week I answered a question about engine balancing that I know went WAY over the original poster's head. That article is as good of explaination of engine balancing as any I have read in 45 years. C.J. Baker wrote a great technical article for Hot Rod magazine back in the early 1970's explaining engine balancing and how to make sure you get what you are paying for.
Happy Thanksgiving to Powerstroke, and all Club Members!

Not to correct you Powerstroke, but way back in 1970 when I was in Technical School Studying Automotive Technology, one of my fellow students asked of our instructor what he (the student) though was a "stupid question," to which the instructor replied: "There is no such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer." I've always remembered that quote, and used it many times over the years when someone said that they had a stupid question to ask of me. I'm glad that you were able to provide useful information to the followers of the other forum that you frequent. Have a great Thanksgiving Holiday!!