View Single Post
Old July 9th, 2013, 12:23 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Quote:
I'd say... not on any radiator I've removed. That assembly is soldered/welded to the radiator.
I had no idea! I PMd Jeannie to see if she would put that in my post for me. I can't edit it anymore.

Quote:
Sounds like you got your training similar to mine.
My dad *made* me help him, then take over doing, the routine maintenance on vehicles, mostly because his dad didn't. I hated every minute of it. And now I have more tools than any sane person needs, and am only short actual machining equipment when it comes to being able to rebuild a vehicle.

The only formal training I had was my folks' made me take a small engine repair class in high school, we rebuilt a lawnmower engine. Woo Hoo.

But you know, a lawnmower (Briggs & Stratton) really is no different than any other motor, just fewer pistons.

I went to college to learn how to do "white collar" jobs so I would never need to get my hands dirty. I haven't really had a white collar job -yet- and I graduated High School almost 35 years ago. Seems I was destined to get my hands dirty (and cut/scraped, back broke, head banged, etc. etc.)

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Dads are great aren't they? I hope my son complains about me when he hits 30 for the same reason.
Take that posterity!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?