View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2013, 10:51 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Today I didn't do anything to my truck. She's covered in SNOW!!!

But I did get something in the mail from a fellow member! BarryGMC said a couple of weeks ago that he was sending a present. I figured it'd be a string of welding beads because my welding is pretty crappy but he said, nope! Just keep an eye out. you'll like it.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I waited and waited.. I paced the floor. I did a puzzle. I twiddled my thumbs....

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Finally it came today and after checking it (and grinning like a nut) I let the Powder Puff take over.

She carefully opened the box because I told her it was something very special that she shouldn't scratch up. Then she lost it. Daddy, it's a...it's a...It's a thing like "The Redhead" painted! Ooooh, it's so shinnnneeyyyy!!! (rub rub rub!)

I told her we should pose with them for a picture. she said, let me get them right. They have to be perfect you know because they're veeryyy speeecial!

I laughed and told her she should be fun with it. She said, Ok, I can just wear them like Cecilia does!

And this picture was born.

This was such a great surprise. We passed them back and forth several times just looking at them shine. For anyone that doesn't know these are the Custom style emblems. The standard ones, like I have on Cecilia now, are painted white. They shined up real nice, but nothing like this. Here's a pic of them in my fire glow. The reflection was really neat but didn't transfer to a pic very well.

All of you guys are all invited to come over tonight and stare at them twinkling in the firelight with me. Bring a casserole.

Thank you BarryGMC, you surprised two very happy grease-monkeys on a dreary cold day! We can't wait to get Cecilia's new "ear rings" on her. Stay safe up there!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.