View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2019, 12:43 AM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice
Default Re: Correct ignition switch

I am not sure what the questions is. You said "I'm getting no no power." You have a radio question and a proper ignition switch question. Did the ignition switch question get answered?

No power where? Do you mean you have hooked up the wire from the fuse panel to the radio and the radio does not work? We really need more info from you. Does the wire have power?
There are two ways to wire a radio for power. "Always on" and "only on with ignition". Is this the problem? We need the whole story to help.

Sometimes we can think a radio is not working when it's the speaker that is not working. If you can see the dial light, it must be getting power.

Not knowing what the actual complaint is, I will offer suggestions.
1. Get an ice pick style lighted voltage tester.
2. Attach the alligator clip to a known good ground.
3. Start at the fuse panel, check both sides of the radio fuse for power, ignition on.
4. Check the end of the wire from that fuse just before it attaches to the radio...or at the radio connector contact, for power.
5. Report where you find no power.

FYI: Many Fuse panels have sections of fuses (banks) that are always on and sections of fuses that are only on with ignition switch

Not being rude asking for more/better info. You can see that without it, I take up space with TMI, trying to cover what I think you are asking. I am sure with all these questions I asked and info given, you have found it already.

Last edited by AZKen; May 30th, 2019 at 01:09 AM.