View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2016, 12:53 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

This time I didn't have a vise to work in. I tore it up doing ball joints for my other truck. Not a fun job, but not as bad as you'd think. Anyway, I took this leftover 4x6 post from building my fence and stood it up edgewise. Then I drilled a 1 1/4" hole all the way through it with a wood bit.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Then I stuck my transmission front through that hole. It wanted to fall so I put a leg on it to keep it upright.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Here it is sticking face down, butt up in the air as I take the side cover off.

And here's the side cover as it came off. See how the larger fork kind of bends one direction? I wonder if I had that turned around on Cecilia and that kept him from going into second gear completely? Hmmm....

And here's a pic of the inside just in case I screwed something up in there

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.