View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2016, 11:37 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

All that wire wheeling left my tailpiece really clean! Or so I thought! This may be why my paint didn't stick really well last time I did this.

I took my tailpiece in to the kitchen sink (don't tell The Wife!) and sprayed it down with Super Clean. Look at the mess that was still on there!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

After another 30 minutes of spray, wash, rinse cycles my towel started looking like this.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Another 10 minutes and my paper towel came away pretty clean. I rinsed it off again with the veg sprayer and let it dry for about 30 minutes, until there was no water or wet spots left. Then I hit it with Ospho to attack any rust and give the primer something to hold on to.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.