View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2020, 05:56 AM

Truck: 1965
Sonic65 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mark 4 style ac brackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZKen View Post
It was first used as a universal A/C system back in the 60's son. Search a little longer. Vintage Air sells a clone of it.
His question is obviously vague or you would answer it.
We just need a little more info, not an argument.
One more second would have revealed this

We don't know if he is using an old York compressor or a rotary, Sanden or other..and you don't either.
Hopefully he will help us help him. Jimmy came back.......over
I'm not your Son. You have made new members leave this club when they asked questions that you do not seem to agree with and were very aggressive when answering them. I agree that that GMC V6 is a fantastic engine. If you want to imparte knowledge to members then do it without being so abrasive. You have a lot of wisdom on these trucks. I have been a member of this club since Yahoo 6066 GMC Club. Let members ask questions and reply to them without making them feel they not articulate or ruining their truck.

When my grandfather passed away and I inherited his 65 GMC, I had no where to turn to in 1995. The engine was shot and I just graduated. No internet, no online engine catalogs. I replaced it with a 350 Chevy. Now that I have parts, the 305 will go back in.

My point is that this club will always have new members that may not articulate their questions fullly or may may ask questions to modify their GMC truck in a manner that is not keeping the 305 in it.

Do not make these members feel they need to leave this club. Give them advice and let them ask questions so this club can live on and keep the GMC truck alive even if they want to modify it. The GMC grille, hood and dash are significant in this day when most people find them not as popular as Chevy.