View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2013, 05:42 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Quote:
That's cool, and I learned more about these trucks from your NAPA order! I never knew the pilot bearing was a ball type, and you must be able to remove the throwout bearing from the sleeve the clutch fork holds on to.

Later---DAC
I'm picking them up here in a minute when the Powder Puff and the Blonde get back from volleyball practice. They just came in from Dallas (parts, not the girls lol). I hope they work OK. I got the numbers from someone that had just rebuilt their sm318 transmission so they should be good to go. If not we'll all learn something new

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

The part numbers for anyone without picture access are:
  • Transmission Mount (have to shave off the bottom left corner) BK6021034 = $13.38
  • Clutch Release (Throwout) Bearing BRG N1181 = $33.99
  • Clutch Pilot Bearing BRG BR7109 = $35.49
All NAPA part numbers. For the throwout bearing you'll need to save your old collar and press in this bearing. Not sure how that's going to work yet. Hammer? Grease and a thumb? I dunno. Then again I didn't know what the throwout bearing even was until this all happened.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.