View Single Post
Old December 1st, 2014, 02:21 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 60 1001 Wideside Custom BBW, 62 K1001 Wideside BBW and 1966 1001 Wideside BBW w/ Sport Trim option
GMCNUT will become famous soon enoughGMCNUT will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Correct GMC vs. Chevy Truck Wheels, 1960-66

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1960HDGMC View Post
Just a thought, but maybe the early production of the new 1960 GMC trucks used up the remaining wheels. My truck is a very early production, like within the first 1500 produced in Pontiac. Maybe the famously thrifty company shipped new 1960 GMC trucks with two different wheel types. I have always thought the picture of the trucks ( on a trailer) at the top of this thread had to be early production. That would explain them having the earlier type wheels. It is just that I have not seen any literature with the newer wheel shown. But the art work was done early also. Does any one have a picture of a 1960 with either of these wheels, that is known to have its factory wheels? They sure would help iron these wheels out. Thanks, Greg Mead
The light Blue wheel is one of a full set I bought off an untouched but horrifically rotted 1960 GMC in Michigan. Only untouched 1960 GMC I ever found with all four on it, but I have another untouched 1960 GMC in the pasture and to be honest, I never even looked at the wheels to see what is on it, but will ride over and take pictures tomorrow. Josh is selling me his 1960 GMC and it has 3 of the 4 originals seems like and if I recall correctly, they are the same as my light blue example. My 1960 GMC Suburban came to me with 3 like the light blue one, and one like the aqua 55-57 wheel we discussed earlier. So far none I have stumbled on have had what I have started calling the "Cameo" type wheels. Incidentally, I need a set of 4 15" Cameo style wheels like your 60 has for my 58 Cameo, so please keep your eyes peeled. The Cameo came to me with all four of these same exact wheels you have on your 1960, but all four were pitted and too rotted to use unfortunately. I still have all 4 though

1960 1001 Custom Cab short wideside BBW, 305A V6, factory PB, Hood Jet, Radio and Hydramatic.

1962 K1000 4x4 short wideside, BBW, 305D w/ SM420, PTO Winch

1966 1001 Custom Cab short wideside, w/ super rare Sport Trim option interior (bucket seats)