Thread: 292 engine pull
View Single Post
Old April 29th, 2015, 04:40 PM

Truck: 1964 GMC 1500 LWB Wideside 305E V6.
TJ's GMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 292 engine pull

When I pulled the 292 out of my 64 I had the whole front clip off the truck(makes things alot easier), and be sure to find the bolts Under the rubber mounts on the engine...once those are off and the engine comes off the mounts...you only need to lift it about an inch...take your flywheel inspection cover off and take all the pressure plat bolts out 1 by one...have someone crank the engine over by hand so you can access the bolts from underneath...once the pressure plat is unbolted the engine will slide right out of the shaft without issue. Do be sure the tranny is in neutral just to help make things easier. Do all this while watching the oil pan distance between the cross member. Once out of the tranny lift straight up and have at it. lol What are your plans? Lopey cam and lump port head with sbc valves? I did a 292 so if you have questions PM me.

EDIT!!! Don't forget to unbolt the bell housing from the engine. lol My bad.

1964 Chevy C20 292/SM420
1966 Chevy C10 292 hotrod 6/TKO600

My youtube channel aka Military Chevy:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.