View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2021, 04:10 PM

Truck: 1966
RedElvis is on a distinguished road
Default My 66 smashed in ds axle.. Need help

I was headed to the UPS the other day to ship out a bumper for a '67 Impala that I sold on FB MKPlc.. Doing about 35 or so with a bold green light ahead. Some jackass pulled a surprise U-turn right in front of me. I tried to avoid him and pulled a hard right but he hit me in the wheel and fender anyway and drove me up onto the curb.. Caved in the fender, bent the axle housing, brake backing plate, wiped out the hubcap, trim ring and tore a hole in the wheel.. Don't know what's up with the front end now but the steering wheel went from perfectly horizontal to vertical now.. Probably because the rear is tracking wrong? Drove the truck home but could hear the tires cross dragging.. Couldn't do more than 30 MPH without loud screeching.. Glad to be home safe but DANG-IT!! I've been really enjoying this truck since I got it in August.. Put 8000 miles on it.. Always careful.. Just took one split second and all that changed.. I'm glad to still be here and, as hard as he hit me, I'm glad he didn't hit me in the door.. Might had smashed my head out the window.. I am now at the point of dropping the rear and trying to get her back on track.. Now gotta find an axle, which is the main problem. What is the interchange on these? Many different years? More than just '64-'66? I need one I can buy and bolt right in.. I'm in Charlotte NC..