View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2013, 02:43 AM

Truck: GMC V12 powered '46 Chevy pu
Cayoterun is on a distinguished road
Default An old man's journey with GMC 702 V12s

and other stuff:

I had fixed up cars, pickups, and travel trailers, since I was a kid. After retirement, but still on the farm with a shop, I wanted to get outside the box.
GMC V12s had been used by the hundreds here on farm irrigation wells, during their hey-day. Bullet proof, and indestructable. I found the one I cared for in 1965 in a neigbors barn. Decided I'd like to hear it run again. After 20+-yrs pumping water, it had broken piston and head. Found the parts in junk yards. When I got it running, I decided to put it in a truck, so the project evolved, instead of being planned. The first post was Aug. 07.
This was named by forum members "Balaur", which means " mythical Romanian 7 headed Dragon".
The build thread and video links:

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Donated it to Cimarron Heritage Center, (museum) Boise City, Ok. There she sits in her permanent home.

Later, I found another running V12, so started another truck. As you can see from beginning to now, her build also, took more crooks than a snake from beginning to now as a '46 Chev, pu.
She's ugly, but I like her and is alot of fun. Called her "Thumpers Truck" I found the rabbit in one of the parts trucks I used, so decided it would make a good mascot.
I made my first post 7-10, and on page 11, videos are post 258. Hop in and we'll take a noisy ride. Max. recommended RPM is 2400, so this motor won't never be turned more than that intentionally.

Thumper will report her future adventures as they go along, and this 72 yr old will be grinning from ear to ear.

I want to add my thanks here to my V12 buddies, Rap-em-Pappy, Locomotive Breath, and all the others that have helped me along with the 12s. Last, but not least, Jolly Goodfellow and all his people on the old site for their help.
Someday, I hope our paths will cross face to face.

May all our future trails we travel here on this new forum be full of good times, and not much blood lost from skinned knuckles.

I think I'll fix it myself, and pay the extra $500.

Last edited by Cayoterun; February 11th, 2013 at 09:20 AM.