View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2013, 09:49 PM

Truck: GMC V12 powered '46 Chevy pu
Cayoterun is on a distinguished road
Default Re: An old man's journey with GMC 702 V12s

I'm trying to learn a little more primative 'putor stuff today, so don't know what kind of mess this post might be. If so, I can plead ignorance with complete honesty.

My wife of '46 yrs. made her first suggestion on any of my projects today. Ever!! We were talking about taking "Thumpers Truck" out to it's first public debut at a meet this summer. She volunteered that she thought I should leave the paint as-is. She thinks it looks more appropriate, and authentic for it's age and locality, instead of painting it all almond/w black fenders and running boards, like I intended originally. I painted the firewall almond when I had the cab off and stripped. If Mama approves,--- I like it,too!!!

I hope this link will bring the post with the videos over here.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Jolly: I doubt this truck will be donated. It's starting to grow on me as everthing has come together much better than I expected. With the stock '84 GMC 3/4T running gear, it drives good, front suspension carrys the weight well, and is much more agile with the shorter wheel-base, and with the 700-R4 tranny, you can get up to road speed without the risk of over-revving it. Eventually, I may add the 3.42 gears which will slow the motor more. I don't intend to ever be smoking tires or giving it a very hard throttle, as I wonder if the tranny would take the torque. Not worth the risk.

It looks like this one post transferred, so it might be better for me to transfer selected posts instead of the entire build thread from time to time with my limited savvy on this critter.

If I ever decide to sell it, it will go on E-bay. Several friends here has offered to buy it, so, to be fair to all, without ruffled feelings, I feel it best to put it up for public bids, IF that time ever comes.

I think I'll fix it myself, and pay the extra $500.

Last edited by Cayoterun; February 13th, 2013 at 10:28 PM.