View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2023, 07:29 PM

Truck: 6066GMC
AZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really niceAZKen is just really nice
Default Re: Ignition Mystery

Hi Megan I'm sure I can help you. It all depends on if you monitor your post and answer in a timely manner.
1. When you say replaced steering wheel, do you actually mean just the wheel that is held on with one big nut or do you mean the whole steering column?
2. Does the cad motor have HEI or points ignition.
3. I do have some suggestions after I get these answered.
Right now it points to a simple battery connection. Focus on the two big battery cables. The positive and the negative. Clean the battery posts and the cable clamps. Tighten the clamps. Then, on the other ends, check and tighten the one to the starter. Then clean the ground, shine up the ground terminal on the cable and shine up the place on the motor where the ground cable is attached. Shine= to bare metal.
ALSO!!!!!!!! Check the voltage on the battery and report all findings.

Checking to see that "all things are getting power" does not catch a bad connection under cranking load. Does not catch a bad battery breaking down under crank load. So redo the check and clean and tighten again and be SURE TO CHECK THE BATTERY ITSELF FOR VOLTAGE> NEEDS TO BE 12.6V approx.
You MUST be sure of connections and battery before we move on to further troubleshooting. This is critical.

Last edited by AZKen; January 2nd, 2023 at 07:39 PM.