Thread: Tailgate Color?
View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2015, 01:28 PM

Truck: 1960 Model 1002 Custom Wideside
1960HDGMC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tailgate Color?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblockv6 View Post
It's a Fenderside dually! Back then wide off road tires were not around so my father got adapters to convert to dual rear wheels for his off road and hunting trips. After he would come back home the dually's would be taken off after a few days. By late 1965 wider tires started coming around and he switched to those and never ran the duals again. Here's a pic from 1966 with wider tires spare and all, he even had the right side rear fender cut out and mounted a second spare tire.
Another great picture BigBlock, Your dads truck appears to have every external option know to man, and then some. This truck would make "The Fall Guy" proud. Do you remember what interior options it had? AM Radio, etc. Also, Do you know if it is a J or G Series truck? I have read that the orange lenses in the hood started in 1963. He could have swapped them in along the way. I love the twin spotlights. It looks like he was no stranger to the GMC Accessories Counter. Any prayer that this old truck is still among the rolling? GM