View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2018, 12:20 AM
-= Site Supporter =-

Truck: 1963 Custom Suburban Carryall - 95% original, all 3 seats, Mark IV A/C, PS/PB, 305E V6, Palamino Tan
62Burb is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Turn Signal Switch kaput?

HOLD THE PHONE! My SIL, a talented and methodical young man with extensive restoration experience, spent a couple of hours trouble shooting and found two fixable problems. ONE: The light switch was filled with fine new Mexico sand, that had ground down some terminals, and made for hit-and-miss operation. TWO: The fuse block concealed a mess in back of it; two hot wire had crossed and made for intermittent operation on certain circuits. Both were cleaned and made operation; ALL LIGHTS WORK! i greatly admire his methodical approach; I don't know how I would have done it.

The only thing I will replace is the light switch; although currently operable, it is too worn to be reliable. Any recommendations? And thanks to all for the invaluable help I have found here. Tune up this week, inspection and registration next week and baby here I come!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.