View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2015, 12:02 AM

Truck: 1962 4x4 pick-up fleet side, going custom flat bed on the restore.
Hobie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How to change a water heater BY YOURSELF (for dummies?) with pictures

Quote:

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I put a new one in 2 months ago as well. The old one didn't bust on me, but the insulation & innards were breaking down and getting into the water.

I opted for the Cadillac model. 50 gallons, 12 years, and double insulation. Pricey, but a 10% military discount brought it down to the cost of the one I would have purchased otherwise. Add in a few parts, and the cost was about $600 with me and my old man doing the labor.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I hope that gas valve lasts more than the six months on average they are lasting out here. We get at least two calls a day for the warranty work on those **** things. Keep a close eye on it and please make sure to get all the paperwork in order for the warranty. Since you self installed they (whirlpool) have been real stingy on covering claims.