View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2021, 05:26 PM

Truck: 1964 I1000
Jethro is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Jethro's 1964 I1000

I knew where the red, pink and purple wires go and I saw where the brn/white was before it fell off but I wasn't sure that was correct. I had no idea where the green was supposed to go. And the hardware store switch was a 4 terminal whereas the replacement was a 5 lug.

After searching the internet for a wiring diagram for hours I had no luck finding one that matched my truck. So I posted a question in the electric section of this forum. Gmcjuniorvan posted the exact diagram I needed which was very helpful. AZKen also gave me some solid advice. Thanks guys!

Long story short, I ended up with a completely disassembled dash harness finding all sorts of problems along the way. When I made it to the fuse block this is what awaited.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

There was a wire nut sorta connecting those 2 loose ends.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Not looking good.

It seems that most of the fuse clips needed to rebuild these fuse blocks are no longer available. I searched and searched. If anyone has a source I would like to know.
Lucky for me I have a garage full of stuff. Old truck part pack rat. There's also a 66 Chevy in there.

The whole dash harness got robbed from the Chevy. I discovered that the 2 harnesses are the same at their core. The differences being extra wires on the 66 Chevy harness. Between the two I used the best parts to build one good harness for the GMC. Except one connector.
Got to rooting around in my wire box and found another partial harness that had that end. :-)

She's back alive again now. It's the weekend again. And I still didn't get the insurance turned back on. Gotta do that tomorrow. I'm itching to take her out for a spin.