View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2022, 10:34 PM

Truck: 1966 GMC 1500 Custom
LordNatedawg will become famous soon enoughLordNatedawg will become famous soon enough
Default Re: "Papa Smurf" - 1966 GMC 1500 Custom

Update on my radiator. I took it to A1 Radiator here in Reno. They told me that the core that was currently in it is not correct, meaning that someone has rebuilt this rad at some point before. He also told me that it would be about $750 to restore it to factory original. He gave me a few other cheaper options, such as using a 2 core vs a 3 core.

I went with the OE style core. Everything should be done by the end of the week. They are going to fix dents and cracks in my tanks. He also noted that, with the proper core, my radiator will shrink by about 1/2" on the sides. That shouldn't cause any issues with my electric fans.

I wish I took some detailed photos of what it looked like before. Regardless, I'm excited to see what it will look like once restored.

Additionally, I ordered a radiator from the EvilBay. Less than $100 for a used C5 rad. I'm going to see if I can adapt that to fit, just in case my Harrison rad is too nice and pretty to be used.